County of Highlan...
or, Sign In with:
County of Highlands, FL
Highlands County Board of County Commissioners
Meeting Time: August 15, 2017 at 9:00am EDT
Closed for Comment August 15, 2017 at 8:00am EDT
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on. Or, Register to Speak at the Public Meeting.
1) MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: Invitation to fill out “citizens not on the agenda” forms.
2) INVOCATION: Dr. Kevin Ehrens, First Baptist Church of Lake Josephine
3) PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
5) CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS – ANNOUNCEMENTS:
6) RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS:
6.A) Request to Present Two Awards to the Board of County Commissioners for the Sebring Airport Encouragement Zone/Spring Lake Mixed Use Development Area Overlay: 1) Florida Planning and Zoning Association 2017 Award of Merit in the Outstanding Study/Plan Category; and 2) National Association of Development Organizations Innovation Award.
6.B) Request approval of a Proclamation recognizing September as Suicide Awareness Month
6.C) Sheriff Paul Blackman: Presentation on Animal Services, Environmental Deputy and Panhandling Update
7) SPECIAL PRESENTATION: Jim Wheatley, Regional Manager, Progressive Waste Solutions: Presentation on Recycling
8) CITIZENS NOT ON THE AGENDA
9) CONSENT AGENDA
9.A) Request approval to pay all duly authorized bills August 15, 2017.
9.B) Request approval of a Tourist Development Tax grant in the amount of $1,000 to the Highlands Art League, Incorporated to advertise the 5th Annual Cookie Fest.
9.C) Request approval of a Tourist Development Tax Grant in the amount of $1,000 to the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office for advertising the 2017 Southwest Region Six S.W.A.T. Challenge.
Terms and Conditions
© 2017 Granicus